Our success and continued growth is a reward from our customers who find Jonesco's service and products the best available. We aim to ensure this situation continues and will always be pleased to talk with you about our product and service performance.
Customer service is a high priority for Jonesco and we aim to meet the highest standards. In order to achieve efficient handling of any problem arising from our products or service we provide this guide to our procedures for resolving problems.
How to order goods
In order to place an order we require you to state the following:-
- Jonesco part numbers and quantity required
- Requested despatch date
- Order number and authorising person's name
What to do if my order is late arriving?
- Ring Jonesco on +44 (0) 1772 706888 (8am to 5pm, 4.30pm Fridays).
- Ask for customer services and quote your company name and advise of the problem. They will then check whether it has been despatched and by which method. If it is a carrier problem we will contact the carrier and ring back with all the information we can obtain. If the goods have not left yet we will advise of the new expected despatch date. If the goods are not specifically manufactured for you, you may alter the order to buy an alternative product.
What if the carrier arrives and the note says two but the carrier has one?
- Write on the advice note “Only received one”.
- Ring Jonesco customer services and advise of the shortage who will ring the carrier and keep you informed.
What if the carrier arrives but the goods are damaged?
- All goods should be counted and checked in the presence of the carrier. Signing the delivery note waives all rights to insurance should the goods be found to be damaged. Signing the proof of delivery note “Unchecked” or similar is not accepted by the carriers and is deemed a signature accepting the goods in the number and condition received.
- Ring Jonesco customer services and advise of the damage who will ring the carrier and keep you informed.
What to do if it's not the correct product? - I ordered the wrong item
- Contact our sales or sales/quality department to see if return is viable and acceptable.
- You will be issued with a returns number and we will advise if we are able to collect the goods on our own vehicles or you can send the goods back by carrier. Jonesco does not accept the carriage charges where the goods were supplied correctly to order.
Where goods are not faulty they should be returned in a re-saleable condition complete with original undamaged packaging and quality labels. Special products such as colours are not accepted for return.
Jonesco does not participate in stock cleanses.
We supply goods in good faith and not on a sale or return basis. We will only accept goods back for credit in certain rare circumstances unless there is a specific fault in the product or supply attributable to Jonesco.
Credits will not be issued for goods unless approval for return is granted within 28 days following the date on the advice note.
Your part numbers
If you advise Jonesco of the part numbers you allocate to our product we will enter them into our computer and all paperwork will then show both yours and our part numbers for easy reference.
Our products, generally, have no moving parts and will not deteriorate in their expected life-span apart from “normal wear or misuse”.
We will always be willing to examine any problems you may have with the products we supply to minimise quality problems or any issues that may arise.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
- A returns authorisation number must be obtained before the return of any product.
- Failure to use this number on the returned goods could result in the return being refused.
- The packaging must be sufficient to prevent damage to the product that could affect your claim.
- A returns number is valid for 14 days only.
- Where possible we will collect goods on our own vehicle and only reimburse return carriage if Jonesco or our product is found to be at fault.
- Our quality control or sales staff may wish to visit your site to offer advice on the storage, handling or use of the products to minimise returns or damage in the future.
- Export accounts should seek authorisation from their usual Jonesco contact for any problem before any action as carriage cost can easily exceed the value of the goods to be returned. An economical solution can then be arranged depending upon the specific circumstances.